11 July 2010

BBCU Social Event - 8 July

We are very lucky at the British Business Club. Last Thursday we held a social get together at the newly opened 'Peter Lik Art Gallery' in the city centre.
We were treated to a very special welcome and I think everyone could not help but be impressed by the very high standard of photographic art on display inside the gallery.
It was a great environment in which to present membership certificates to new members and to the winners of our recent BBCU Golf Day Tournament.

Now I discover there are plans to open many other art galleries in Kyiv.
I met one woman who told me she will soon open her own gallery and 'It's just for meeting people...I don't need to make any money" she said.
I could not help but think of the usual phrase we expats use 'Only in Ukraine!'

No comments: